- You take on full responsibility and ownership of your projects and strive to continuously improve it.
- You make it your top priority to burn down your assigned tickets and deliver your code in the highest quality possible within a given time frame.
- You keep your project manager and fellow developers regularly updated about your work status and show a high level of proficiency in your day-to-day project communication.
- You have a strong bias for action.
- You collaborate closely with QA and code reviewers to ensure high quality of your code.
- You don't just blindly implement requirements, but also think about the bigger picture.
- You love to build great code and you are passionate about your projects.
- You continuously challenge yourself to become better, you love to learn new stuff and you enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
- You are smart and fun to work with.
- You bring a positive can-do attitude and you always try to find a solution for a problem yourself first before asking your team lead.
- You are highly self-motivated and super reliable in your work.
- You are willing to go the extra mile for your team.
- You communicate proactively and directly with your team, and you don’t beat around the bush if there’s something that should be improved.
- You give and take on constructive criticism and you are willing to work on the items you can improve.
- You appreciate the freedom to work wherever you choose and you are happy to travel to our workshops and client meetings if necessary.
Your Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of coding experience.
- You have published at least 3 own apps on Google Play or actively worked on major parts of over 6 top-rated (4*+) apps published on Google Play.
- Profound knowledge of Kotlin and Java.
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON
- Experience with dependency injection, preferably with dagger
- Reactive programming, preferably by means of RX and LiveData
- Good understanding of Material Design
- Good understanding of Android architecture, e.g. MV*, Android Architecture Components (Navigation, ViewModel, LiveData)
- Profound knowledge of popular Android frameworks and libraries and how they work under the hood
- Strong communication skills and the will to proactively communicate with your team (we mostly communicate via Slack and calls)
- Our company language is English, so We need you to be highly proficient in English, spoken and written.
Nice to have
- Experience in Firebase, Bitrise, Slack, Zeplin, Sketch and Koin
- Own open source projects
- Active speaker on conferences or the willingness to try
What we offer
- Be part of a thriving company that sets standards in the way agencies will work in the future.
- Remote, fun work environment based on Slack
- Full transparency in our processes and communication
- Team workshops at top locations all around Europe and the Middle East with fantastic team mates, burgers and beer ;-)
- People development tools like weekly masterclasses, regular 360 degree feedback from your team mates and 1:1s with your Lead
- A 10h - 40h work week depending on workload and your availability
- Compensation: Freelance (10h/week guaranteed): First 3 months: 25€ /h, afterwards 30-35€ /h (depending on your skills and experience), 12 month contract extending year to year
- Please fill out the application form and attach your CV:
- If we are interested, we will schedule a call with you and your future team lead and another Android developer to get to know each other, talk about our mutual expectations and evaluate some of your personal and technical skills.
- Optional: If we would like to see a bit more of your programming skills, we give you a small software assignment to evaluate your coding, language and architecture skills. No worries, it doesn’t hurt ;-).
- To mitigate personal bias (people decide subconsciously within 5 minutes if they want to hire someone or not), you will have 2 30 minute calls with another team lead and a project manager. This gives you the chance to get the full picture of who we are and how we operate.
- If you have swapped us all off our feet, we will schedule a final call with your future team lead and our founder & managing director Hannes to talk about next steps.
- Tadaaaaa!!! Welcome to our remote family!!!
stanwood helps companies unleash their true digital potential by creating beautifully designed, high-performing apps and websites that clients and users love. We help transform businesses by creating new sales channels and digital marketplaces for our customers, and we help them increase their productivity and profitability by digitizing and optimizing processes, implementing cutting-edge technology and tools and integrating existing business platforms into smart new solutions.
Stanwood is a digital pioneer and role model for its clients. Our family of 40 tech enthusiasts and digital natives work together remotely from all over the world. We are not bound by offices or locations, digital technology is the glue that holds us together. Technology is a facilitator for us to work and live wherever we want, to work in an environment we love and where we can max out our potential and push our limits every day. Everything we do has one sole purpose: We want to build awesome software that our clients love. And we want to do it in the most fun way for us.
Our team comes from a multitude of countries and cultural backgrounds. Diversity, openness and direct communication are the main keys to our success. We hire by attitude and train by skill. We prefer diverse, critical thinking over conformity. And we focus on quality, not working hours.